Thursday, June 16, 2011

Refreshing.

I worked out for the first time in over a month tonight.  I went to the Y...they have stationary bikes there, but they have a screen that show other bikers, trails, and you also have 30 gears at your disposal.  It's not biking outside - but it's the next best thing.

I figured I'd get on there and give it 15 minutes, and then maybe throw around some weights.  I ended up going about 45 minutes, 11.5 miles.  That's a personal best for me on that trail (they have numerous courses) by more than 4 minutes.  I didn't intend to go that hard, sweat that much, pedal as fast...it just happened, and it felt great.  Thankfully the wifey pushed me to go...any waiver and I would happily passed, came home and plopped in front of either the computer or TV.

So while mornings have been rough for fatigue...it appears I can still kick ass at night.  Weight is right around where it was last time I worked out...it would be nice if I could shed about another 8 pounds before the surgery.  I'm thinking about going on a low calorie diet for the 30 days before the surgery...if the Doc says it's cool.

Feeling like dominating right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment