Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Competent Communicator

Yesterday I finished my tenth speech, which gives me the title within Toastmasters of 'Competent Communicator'.  It's been quite a journey.  I look at the progress I've made since my first speech where I was almost too nervous to speak.  Very rewarding.  I get certification, so it will also hopefully be a nice little resume builder.

I've gotten in a few very productive workouts.  I'm biking faster than I ever have...beating my personal best times by large margins.

My mind is still in a good place, but nights are still tough.  I toss and turn typically for a good hour...just wondering what my life will be like post surgery.  I think about the people that have said they lost their wives, jobs, family members because they are fatigued long term.  Are they just self-loathing, or is it legit? I have my pre-op meeting in Iowa City in exactly one week.  I want to ask my doctor what percentage of people have long term effects.

I have a buddy coming in from San Francisco tomorrow evening.  Really looking forward to seeing him.  He's one of the only people that understands my struggles with philosophy and religion...and has ended up being close to nihilism like myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment