Friday, June 17, 2011

Mixing Things Up a Bit...

As if there has been a 'theme' so far, HA!

Let's talk Hawkeyes!  YES!

I'm actually a little concerned on the recruiting front this year.  I've followed recruiting since around 2002 when the Scout.com's and Rivals.com's got big.  It seems kids commit earlier and earlier every year.  Iowa has only one commit so far, which doesn't concern me all that much.  What concerns me is that some of the players that were seemingly high priorities for the Hawks are committing elsewhere.  Unlike years past, we're not losing them to Notre Dame, Nebby, Texas, Florida...the powerhouses.  We're losing them to Wisconsin, Northwestern, and Missouri.  That combined with arguably our highest recruit from last year (Coe) having to JUCO, I think my concern is legitimate.

That said, Ferentz is a magician.  Sometimes I think he's too conservative...and we may never win a national title - but the man can put together a winning team.  He also seems to win with 'diamonds in the rough' - so my recruiting concern is hopefully a moot point.

No comments:

Post a Comment