Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Bell Avenue Effect

I probably wont talk about my job much because it's just not that exciting, and also a little 'cover your ass' comes into play.  But Wednesdays are the workdays I actually look forward to.

For half a day, I go down to the site at Bell Avenue where I give presentations, answer questions, and really just be a resource for a product they are trying to learn more about and sell.  For that half day, I'm important.  I'm challenged.  I'm treated with respect.  I mingle with upper management about sales strategies in pull-through impact.  For that half of the day I am challenged and kept on my toes.  I get a little nervous sometimes when I have to do these presentations, but it's almost like an adrenaline rush anymore.  I can thank Toastmasters for that.

I do have to return to my cubicle for the 2nd half of the day, but I find myself smiling from my previous interactions...in good spirits and refreshed.  It's fun to feel respected and important.  I hope to try and draw motivation from this to not FEEL this way, but to BE.

No comments:

Post a Comment