Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Update

It's been a while since I've posted, but with good reason.  My buddy came in town from San Francisco for a few nights - fantastic time.  Immediately after he left, my wife and I headed down to Lake Ponderosa to spend some time in the sun with some great friends.  The weekend didn't disappoint.  I've spent the 4th of July on Ponderosa for about the last 20 years, and this goes up there as one of my favorite memories.  There may be certain things in life that I'm pessimistic about, but my wealth of friends is not.

I also had my pre-op meeting today in Iowa City.  It was a 4 hour ordeal, which wasn't surprising.  In my previous posts I think I wavered a little bit about my decision - this has been concrete now.  Most of the 4 hours went through expectations, education, and how to cope with post-op recovery.  The more I talk with the staff, the more comforting it is.  Everyone down from the nurses, MRI techs, to the anaesthiogolists specialize in acoustic neuromas.  So I'm moving forward and not looking back.

I've also been overwhelmed by the concern and love my family members and friends.  In one drunken night a week or so ago, this was a complaint.  Well, I was in self-pity mode as the reality is I'm wealthy in friends and family.  Have I said that before? : )

I hope to update this a bit more often, just some real busy times.  As firm as I am in my decision, I'm human, and do feel nervous.  This blog does help me deal with this anxiety.  At this point, I don't really care if anyone reads it.

Good luck, and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment