Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hours

I think I've managed to 'cross the t's, and dot the i's'.  I went into work today for a few hours, just to make sure I had everything wrapped up.  I was surprised that I was a little sad to leave - not out of love for my cubicle job...more because I've kind of have my own family there.  My department only has 7 of us, and most of us have been at the same position for 3+ years together.

After work, I harvested some of our beans in our vegetable garden (good turnout this year!), mowed the grass, and watered the grass/flowers/vegetable garden.  The heat is simply sweltering.

12 hours from just about right now, my destination will be the University of Iowa Hospital.  I have to be there at 5:30am, and surgery is 7:15am.

My nerves are only slightly rattled - only knowing that something potentially life altering is happening.  For the most part, I just want to get this damn thing out of me and move on.

"You cannot appreciate your triumphs if you do not appreciate the hardships of battle." - Josh Coburn 

No comments:

Post a Comment