Sunday, July 10, 2011

It is What it is.

This weekend was somewhat of my "last hoorah" before my surgery.  Jackie is running her Ironman in Racine next weekend, so we will be busy with that.

And how did it go?

It was fun - we went camping and tubing.  It's somewhat of an Apple River here in Iowa.  I guess it was mixed.  The camping was great, the tubing was fun.  Our group entailed of several people - probably 8-10 people.  As midnight(ish) hit, I had enough fun and sun and decided to retire for the night.  Jackie stayed awake and kept the train going....not problem there.  What I find out today is that while I'm sleeping, two separate people professed their love to her.  One person - no big deal.  He was just a guy from a neighboring campsite that was hanging out.  The tough pill to swallow is that the other person is someone I considered a good friend - he's married himself to a beautiful woman and has kids.  After professing his love, he went as far as sexually propositioning her.  Thankfully my wife is fiercely loyal, turned him down and essentially said he should be ashamed of himself.

This all took place while I was incapacitated - or at least sleeping.  My worry is the amount of times this will happen when I'm recovering from my surgery.  I would hope that people would respect her and our situation, but I just don't have enough faith in humanity.  People take advantage of situations.  There are good people out there, but there's a lot of a-holes as well.

I truly trust my wife - so these advances don't worry me in regard to her infidelity.  What bothers me is finding what I thought to be friends exhibiting this behavior.  This is why I generally exhibit misanthrope.  It seems good people are few and far in between.  Everyone else get's by at other's expense.

No comments:

Post a Comment