Thursday, August 4, 2011

Two Weeks Later

Things are continuing to progress.  I'm still dizzy when walking, but I'm getting around quicker.  In the house I'm just fine.  It's only when I'm in more open spaces outside that can be a bit tricky.

I went out to eat for lunch a couple days ago.  I noticed a couple of things.  First, with me being single side deaf, it's hard to hear conversation in noisy places.  Much more than it used to be, even with the limited hearing I had pre-surgery.  Voices tend to get drowned out by background noise.  Hopefully this will get better.

The second thing - my math is a bit rusty.  When I received my ticket to pay for my meal, I stared at the dollar amounts, trying to figure out a tip.  They didn't make sense like they used.  20% is my standard tip for decent service, and I could figure that up with not much more than a glance.  This is something I"m confident that will come back.

As far as my attitude goes right now, it's hard to keep me from being excited and/or smiling.  Now that this surgery is done with...things just keep improving.  No more dreaded future date!

No comments:

Post a Comment