Monday, August 22, 2011

One Month Later

(and one day).

Today - a new milestone.  Back to work!

This comes with mixed emotions...while it's good to get back into a routine and see my work family, I didn't particularly miss working too much.  But I knew this was coming, and to help ease back into things, I'm working 20 hours this week and 20 hours next week, THEN go back full time.

The last two weeks have been kind of a blur.  Really the whole month seemed to have flown by.  It's interesting because I think my patience was actually tested more the last two weeks.  The first two weeks after the surgery you have the most severe side-effects, however you see more progress.  It's much more defined.  You notice it.  I wouldn't say things have plateaued in the last two weeks, but progress has slowed down.  This is not a complaint, it is simply important for me to recognize this.

I had another MRI 5 days ago for my post-op, and everything looks good.  I was also medically cleared to start being more active - they limited me to lifting 10 pounds, and no bending over to keep blood from rushing to the head.  This of course is all positive news.

Jackie and I celebrated her 30th birthday this last weekend by going to The Elm's Resort and Spa down by Kansas City.  She loved it, and I liked it much more than I thought I would.  We really had a great time and I came out much more rejuvenated than when I went in.

The first day of work was very uneventful.  We had issues with HR still having me in "on leave" status, so I was unable to really do anything.  I'm very happy that I got two weeks approved for part-time instead of one.  It just helps with the transition.  As I alluded to previously, it was great seeing most of my co-workers as well.

I've neglected this blog lately, but hope to be more active.  I tend to stay more up to date when I get in a routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment