Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Remembering


...and to my 0 readers, I shall now speak (as you've all been waiting for) about these last 10 months.

As always no bullshit from me.  Encouragement...always.

After my surgery, there was somewhat of a post-surgery "bliss".  You've survived.  Everyone is offering you encouragement.  Your failures are overlooked and achievements are put on a pedestal.  Whether you have 1 person routing you on, or 10...you just want to kick ass for them.

As things must go, people move forward with their life.  Which is good.  Really good!  

But people forget.  It's just the way it goes.  I remember numerous of big procedures that family and friends went through.  I forgot.  It's just what we do.  Already people were forgetting that I had balance issues.  Forgetting that I was now deaf in my right ear.  I started getting and am even more socially awkward.  The thing that really, really gets under my skin is when people get annoyed because they can't hear me (it's 3x as annoying for me!) or when people repeat things really slow like I'm an idiot.

I also have shitty balance.  I fell in July and fractured a bone and sprained my wrist.  Was discouraging and started to feel like everything was against me.

However, all this being said, there are certainly positive things.  

I've taken a better, much better paying job.  I've done well at it, so the future looks good.  Outside of the (non) tumor and high blood pressure, my health is good.  AND?

IT.
COULD.
BE. 
WORSE.
Seriously.

Whenever I feel sorry to myself, I see/hear shit that makes my issues (non issues) seem so trivial.

People are here.

I'm going to leave this blog.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment